Assistant Fire Instructor
- Submit a completed “Fire Instructor, Assistant Fire Instructor and/or Fire Safety Inspector Instructor Renewal Application” on or before the expiration date of the current certificate;
- Possess a current and valid firefighter certificate that is in good standing;
- Complies with the requirements for a firefighter certificate as set forth in paragraph (F) of rule 4765-20-02 of the Ohio Administrative Code;
- During the preceding certification cycle has provided the required hours of instruction related to fire service training as approved by the applicant’s fire chief or the program director of an Ohio chartered fire training program.
- Complete continuing education requirements, based on the length of certification cycle.
Ohio Administrative Code: 4765-21-06
Renew an EMS or Fire Certificate
User Guide: Renewing a Certificate