Live Fire Instructor
- Possess a current and valid Live Fire Instructor certificate that is in good standing;
- Possess a current and valid Firefighter I or Firefighter II certificate that is in good standing;
- Possess a current and valid Fire Instructor or Assistant Fire Instructor certificate that is in good standing;
- Complies with the requirements for a Firefighter as set forth in paragraph (F) of rule 4765-20-02 of the Ohio Administrative Code;
- During the preceding certification cycle has participated as a certified instructor in at least one live burn training exercise approved by the applicant’s fire chief or program director of an Ohio chartered fire training program;
- Submit a completed Fire, Fire Safety Inspector, and/or Live Fire Instructor Renewal Application.
NOTE: If “NFPA 1403, Standard on Live Fire Training Evolutions” is revised during the certificate holder’s certification cycle, a live fire instructor shall attend a continuing education refresher course related to the revised standard.
Ohio Administrative Code: 4765-21-06
Renew an EMS or Fire Certificate
User Guide: Renewing a Certificate