Rescue Task Force Awareness Course
Effective April 1, 2019, all Ohio EMS providers (EMR, EMT, AEMT, and Paramedic) are required to view the Rescue Task Force Awareness Training Module (RTF) as part of the continuing education (CE) necessary for Ohio EMS certificate renewal. Ohio’s fire service and law enforcement officers are also encouraged to take the course.
- Viewing the module shall be completed during each EMS provider’s first full recertification cycle starting on or after April 1, 2019. Providers are not be required to repeat the training module during each subsequent renewal period – only the first renewal period starting on or after April 1, 2019.
- Once completed, certificate holders should retain the certificate of completion in the event of an audit.
- More information about the training module
How do I sign up for the course?
The Rescue Task Force Awareness Training module may be completed (at no charge) through Public Safety Training Campus (PSTC). A certificate of completion will be provided at the end of the course. The catalog ID is WBT906:
- Log in to the PSTC.
- Go to the Course Catalog.
- Fill out search criteria (e.g., WBT906), then click “Search.”
- Locate the course you want, then click the “plus” icon (+).
- When the “Enroll” dialog box appears, click “Yes.”
Non-Ohio Certified First Responders (EMS, Fire, and Law Enforcement)
*Ohio EMS providers cannot use this offering in place of the mandatory requirement to complete WBT906 through the Public Safety Training Campus.
Training for non-Ohio certified first responders