Military Personnel & Veterans

Firefighter or Fire Safety Inspector Continuing Education Extension

A certificate holder may request an extension of the firefighter or fire safety inspector continuing education reporting period because the certificate holder served in the Armed Forces during the current or a prior reporting period.

The certificate holder shall submit an application requesting the extension along with proper documentation certifying the active duty service and the length of that active duty service. Upon the submission of the application for an extension and verification of active duty service, the Division of EMS will extend the current reporting period by an amount of time equal to the total number of months the certificate holder spent on active duty during the current reporting period. Any portion of a month served on active duty will be considered one full month.

There are no fees associated with continuing education extensions.

Have Questions?

Email EMS & Fire Certifications, or call (614) 466-9447 or (800) 233-0785.

Stay Connected

Get the latest news and updates directly in your inbox.